Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Get answers about Shopping Audience Insights at an Ask Amazon event on August 29th

Hi Sellers,

Welcome to our Ask Amazon Q&A event focusing on your questions about Amazon Shopping Audience Insights! This thread will be open today, August 29th, from 8 am to 5 pm PDT!

What is Amazon Shopping Audience Insights?

Amazon offers free shopping audience insights across consumer demographics and lifestyle preferences to empower sellers to explore ways to position their products before investing or advertising with Amazon. Here’s a couple examples of the powerful insights you can learn from Amazon Shopping Audience Insights:

• 38% of skin care shoppers self-identify as male shoppers ~ consider your next targeting: Men shopping for anniversaries and birthdays.
  • 33% of Kitchen/Storage shoppers are considering taking a cruise ~ consider shopper interested in travel and leisure
  • 50% of top spenders are into wine and salty snacks, and 50% are gift givers ~ consider targeting: Wine accessory category and top spenders audience for holiday anniversaries, and birthdays.

Please check out this post for more information.

Please include any questions you have regarding Amazon Shopping Audience Insights in this Ask Amazon event thread. Our partner team will be reviewing the questions that come in throughout the day and we’ll do our best to respond as soon as possible. 

Note: We cannot provide legal advice or otherwise interpret regulatory requirements on situations that are specific to individual sellers.

11 replies
Tags:Ask Amazon
11 replies
user profile
Seller_EIfE2nkodCH7q

Hello, In Seller Central, where do we access Amazon Shopping Audience Insights?

user profile
Danny_Amazon

Hey all, one question the team does see semi frequently is:

Q: What are the Audience Insights?

A: Audience discovery provides insights into the audience that is shopping in your brand categories. You can see how many shoppers are browsing, along with detailed demographic and behavioral information so that you can learn more about who is shopping in your category!

user profile
Danny_Amazon

Another question, that @Seller_EIfE2nkodCH7qwas already on is:

Q: How do we access this feature?

A: If you have access to Ads Console, you can access media planning tools from the left-hand tool bar under the 'Insights and planning / Ads Planner" option.

If you do not have an Ads Console account, it is free to sign up! You can click here to read our guidance on linking to your Advertising account.

imgimg
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Another frequent question about Shopping Audience Insights is...

Q: How does it benefit my business?

A: Audience insights are a great way for you to become more familiar with the shoppers who are purchasing your products or browsing in your category. You can learn about their ages, gender, shopping habits, and more!

For example, did you know that Audience insights provides an easy, self-service way to estimate the total size of your potential customer opportunity, and then you can strategize how might want to cater to these audiences to grow your business.

img
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

I've got one more FAQ for you!

Q: What if I don't have an advertising account?

A: Its easy! Visit https://advertising.amazon.com/get-started. There is no commitment necessary and you do not have to be running a campaign to access the Audience Insights.

Now, if you have any questions for our Shopping Audience Insights partner team, please include them in this event thread by 5pm PDT tonight.

Looking forward to seeing your questions!

user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf

I just started building an Ads Planner. The response is my products haven't sold so it doesn't have any insights. I sell name brand products that have sold tons... just not ones I own.

Does this give insights ONLY on my own sales (not visitors unless sold)?

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Hi Sellers!

This Ask Amazon Q&A with the Shopping Audience Insights team has officially concluded, with the partner team no longer available to answer new questions for this event.

If you have additional questions or are looking to learn more, please follow along with the Grow Your Business category in the Forums.

Thanks so much for joining!

Jameson

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Get answers about Shopping Audience Insights at an Ask Amazon event on August 29th

Hi Sellers,

Welcome to our Ask Amazon Q&A event focusing on your questions about Amazon Shopping Audience Insights! This thread will be open today, August 29th, from 8 am to 5 pm PDT!

Amazon offers free shopping audience insights across consumer demographics and lifestyle preferences to empower sellers to explore ways to position their products before investing or advertising with Amazon. Here’s a couple examples of the powerful insights you can learn from Amazon Shopping Audience Insights:

• 38% of skin care shoppers self-identify as male shoppers ~ consider your next targeting: Men shopping for anniversaries and birthdays.
  • 33% of Kitchen/Storage shoppers are considering taking a cruise ~ consider shopper interested in travel and leisure
  • 50% of top spenders are into wine and salty snacks, and 50% are gift givers ~ consider targeting: Wine accessory category and top spenders audience for holiday anniversaries, and birthdays.

Please include any questions you have regarding Amazon Shopping Audience Insights in this Ask Amazon event thread. Our partner team will be reviewing the questions that come in throughout the day and we’ll do our best to respond as soon as possible. 

Note: We cannot provide legal advice or otherwise interpret regulatory requirements on situations that are specific to individual sellers.

11 replies
user profile

by Jameson_Amazon

Hi Sellers,

11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EIfE2nkodCH7q

user profile
Danny_Amazon

A: Audience discovery provides insights into the audience that is shopping in your brand categories. You can see how many shoppers are browsing, along with detailed demographic and behavioral information so that you can learn more about who is shopping in your category!

user profile
Danny_Amazon

A: If you have access to Ads Console, you can access media planning tools from the left-hand tool bar under the 'Insights and planning / Ads Planner" option.

If you do not have an Ads Console account, it is free to sign up! You can click here to read our guidance on linking to your Advertising account.

imgimg
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

A: Audience insights are a great way for you to become more familiar with the shoppers who are purchasing your products or browsing in your category. You can learn about their ages, gender, shopping habits, and more!

For example, did you know that Audience insights provides an easy, self-service way to estimate the total size of your potential customer opportunity, and then you can strategize how might want to cater to these audiences to grow your business.

img
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

A: Its easy! Visit https://advertising.amazon.com/get-started. There is no commitment necessary and you do not have to be running a campaign to access the Audience Insights.

Now, if you have any questions for our Shopping Audience Insights partner team, please include them in this event thread by 5pm PDT tonight.

user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf

I just started building an Ads Planner. The response is my products haven't sold so it doesn't have any insights. I sell name brand products that have sold tons... just not ones I own.

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Hi Sellers!

This Ask Amazon Q&A with the Shopping Audience Insights team has officially concluded, with the partner team no longer available to answer new questions for this event.

If you have additional questions or are looking to learn more, please follow along with the Grow Your Business category in the Forums.

Jameson

user profile
Seller_EIfE2nkodCH7q

user profile
Seller_EIfE2nkodCH7q

user profile
Danny_Amazon

user profile
Danny_Amazon

user profile
Danny_Amazon

imgimg
user profile
Danny_Amazon

imgimg
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

img
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

img
user profile
Jameson_Amazon

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf

user profile
Seller_HjfyVYcuJdbTf

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Hi Sellers!

Jameson

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Hi Sellers!

Jameson