Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_yHHbeP6ZYQIHB

1500 Dollar UPS Shipping Adjustment - No Help From UPS or Amazon

@KJ_AmazonI see you responding to alot of these and hoping for an addition set of eyes

I was charged 1500 extra dollars as a UPS adjustment (these dimensions were Incorrect as I have shipped many of these items and measure them each time)

I was told to contact UPS yet UPS says there is nothing they can do as labels are on Amazon's account (which I knew would be the outcome but followed the steps

The dimensions given I can go put into a non discounted UPS account and ship a package today for 400 dollars yet I am being charged a total of 1800 dollars for this

No one seems to help and just says tough luck and direct me back and forth to call UPS and UPS says to call amazon.

I cannot get anywhere as its not my shipping account and NO ups Ground shipment costs 1800 dollars as I could buy a LTL truck for this amount

Case ID: 15934752151

First time on the forums so hope I did this correctly

Please help

11 replies
Tags:Shipping, Shipping costs, Shipping labels, UPS
11 replies
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_yHHbeP6ZYQIHB Thank you for checking in with the forums about your recent shipment and carrier adjustment.

I reviewed the Case ID you provided and checked the shipment and item details. The package you shipped was assessed an "Over Max Size Surcharge" based on the carrier-audited dimensions.

"Over maximum limits surcharge: Any package with an actual weight exceeding 150 lb or with a length exceeding 108 inches, or with a combined length plus girth exceeding 165 inches, and additional criteria defined by the carrier."

The dimensions you entered for the shipping label match the Product Dimensions. However, the package dimensions on file for that product are larger and exceed the surcharge limits specified above. If you believe that information is incorrect, I recommend reopening your dispute with clear photos of the packaging and dimensions.

KJ_Amazon

UPS shipping services and restrictions

img

user profile
Seller_0lq3iFnA9PTe2

Have you solve it? We have a similar case: search title: Amazon charges us $1,800 for return shipping fee(1 order & 1 piece)!! And no place to appeal!!!

user profile
Seller_TN0RCxr8TUMN6

UPS takes pictures of all items that are adjusted. What often happens is that packages are placed too close together or on top of each other, causing the scanner to measure your item along with the one next to or beneath it. This happened to me once, and I was able to obtain a photo of the scan, which showed my package stacked on top of another, leading to an incorrect measurement.

user profile
Seller_o8UNWX1dLKfkW

Was this on FBA or FBM UPS Generated Shipping labels?

user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY

Have you tried the steps outlined here?

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/958b74f4-4e83-4c7c-b224-c0e50737c335?ref=forums_sc_homepage_958b74f4-4e83-4c7c-b224-c0e50737c335&communicationDeliveryId=6bda0941-af8c-4a53-83d8-87b3b8eefff6

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_yHHbeP6ZYQIHB

@KJ_AmazonI see you responding to alot of these and hoping for an addition set of eyes

I was charged 1500 extra dollars as a UPS adjustment (these dimensions were Incorrect as I have shipped many of these items and measure them each time)

I was told to contact UPS yet UPS says there is nothing they can do as labels are on Amazon's account (which I knew would be the outcome but followed the steps

The dimensions given I can go put into a non discounted UPS account and ship a package today for 400 dollars yet I am being charged a total of 1800 dollars for this

No one seems to help and just says tough luck and direct me back and forth to call UPS and UPS says to call amazon.

I cannot get anywhere as its not my shipping account and NO ups Ground shipment costs 1800 dollars as I could buy a LTL truck for this amount

Please help

11 replies
user profile

by Seller_yHHbeP6ZYQIHB

Please help

11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_yHHbeP6ZYQIHB Thank you for checking in with the forums about your recent shipment and carrier adjustment.

I reviewed the Case ID you provided and checked the shipment and item details. The package you shipped was assessed an "Over Max Size Surcharge" based on the carrier-audited dimensions.

"Over maximum limits surcharge: Any package with an actual weight exceeding 150 lb or with a length exceeding 108 inches, or with a combined length plus girth exceeding 165 inches, and additional criteria defined by the carrier."

The dimensions you entered for the shipping label match the Product Dimensions. However, the package dimensions on file for that product are larger and exceed the surcharge limits specified above. If you believe that information is incorrect, I recommend reopening your dispute with clear photos of the packaging and dimensions.

KJ_Amazon

img

user profile
Seller_0lq3iFnA9PTe2

Have you solve it? We have a similar case: search title: Amazon charges us $1,800 for return shipping fee(1 order & 1 piece)!! And no place to appeal!!!

user profile
Seller_TN0RCxr8TUMN6

UPS takes pictures of all items that are adjusted. What often happens is that packages are placed too close together or on top of each other, causing the scanner to measure your item along with the one next to or beneath it. This happened to me once, and I was able to obtain a photo of the scan, which showed my package stacked on top of another, leading to an incorrect measurement.

user profile
Seller_o8UNWX1dLKfkW

user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/958b74f4-4e83-4c7c-b224-c0e50737c335?ref=forums_sc_homepage_958b74f4-4e83-4c7c-b224-c0e50737c335&communicationDeliveryId=6bda0941-af8c-4a53-83d8-87b3b8eefff6

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

img

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

img

user profile
Seller_0lq3iFnA9PTe2

user profile
Seller_0lq3iFnA9PTe2

user profile
Seller_TN0RCxr8TUMN6

user profile
Seller_TN0RCxr8TUMN6

user profile
Seller_o8UNWX1dLKfkW

user profile
Seller_o8UNWX1dLKfkW

user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY

user profile
Seller_z3XfkorVSmnEY