Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

A new way Brand Registry does not work

I am tagging @Jim_Amazon @Dougal_Amazon because you have both helped with responses in the past.

I have a new problem. I am the registered brand owner and the SOLE manufacturer and seller of new product (music CDs). I do NOT sell my CDs to wholesalers or resellers, and I ONLY sell my products at retail prices, and only on Amazon.

Recently, another vender posted a listing for a NEW copy of one of my CDs, and priced it at $9.99 when I retail it at $16.98. There seem to be only two logical ways for this to happen:

1) This vendor bought a CD from ME ($16.98) and is now reselling it at a major loss (only charging $9.99). WHY??

2) This vendor bought a USED CD from Marketplace for a low price (e.g., $5?) and then re-shrinkwrapped it, passing it off as new in this vendor's listing.

The first option makes NO sense unless the seller is trying to go bankrupt. The second option is fraud.

Moreover, by posting this low price, I am removed as the featured offer, effectively killing 100% of my sales until such time as someone decides to buy the $9.99 copy from this other vendor. I cannot even advertise my genuine copy effectively because ads get no impressions unless they are for a featured offer.

I have contacted Brand Registry several times about this, and they keep directing me to their "forms," but: a) this is NOT an infringement case (I believe they are selling a genuine copy of my CD), b) there is NO form I can find to report this unique type of bad behavior on the part of this other vendor.

Whether or not this other vendor is fraudulently re-shrinkwrapping used product and claiming it is new OR selling a genuine new product at a huge loss, my sales are STOPPED until I get back my featured offer. Currently, the only way I could do that is if I dropped my price to $9.98, which will mean I am selling at a loss.

I am tempted to purchase the item myself, but I should not have to do this. Moreover, the vendor might simply repeat the process.

Whereas various Seller Central agents I have spoken with have agreed with my perspective and have understood my question, they must forward to Brand Registry--where no one apparently understands this situation, and i receive unhelpful responses. (Indeed, some of the responses from Brand Registry appear to be AI-generated.)

I am hoping that I might get a helpful response from a real human on this forum. I think there should be a way for me to maintain the right to be the ONLY seller of NEW product on Amazon (unless someone wants to buy a NEW CD and then list it for a much higher price--so I keep the featured offer status). THANK YOU!

FYI, the CD I am describing is B01BH0B4L0. It has happened to another of my CDs in the past too.

Jeff Bjorck

16 replies
Tags:Brand Registry
16 replies
user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L
(I believe they are selling a genuine copy of my CD
View post

Brand Registry is not a tool enforce supply chain issues.

If the item is genuine, there really isn't much that you can do.

Since the seller appears to have one copy of the CD, it probably isn't worth taking legal action against him and the legal action may turn out with you losing and paying their legal expenses since the suit could be deemed frivolous.

You suggest these two options.

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

1) This vendor bought a CD from ME ($16.98) and is now reselling it at a major loss (only charging $9.99). WHY??

2) This vendor bought a USED CD from Marketplace for a low price (e.g., $5?) and then re-shrinkwrapped it, passing it off as new in this vendor's listing.

View post

Here are some more...

3) The seller got this is a present. The seller doesn't listen to CDs and decided to sell it.

4) Somebody bought your CD and died. Their family donated it to Goodwill who sold it to the seller for a dollar.

5) The seller bought it from you. They wanted to return it but the return period ended and decided to sell it as a way to get back some of their money.

6) You have been selling this item for 8 years on Amazon (and maybe longer elsewhere). It is possible that someone purchased it, never opened it to listen to and then sold it at a garage sale for 50 cents. The seller picked it up and is selling it.

If this is one seller, selling one CD, I would personally let it go. It will sell out and you will have the buy box back ASAP.

If the seller starts selling all of your CDs or winds up with multiple copies of one CD, you may want to contact them and ask what is up OR do a test buy.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

I am tagging @Jim_Amazon @Dougal_Amazon because you have both helped with responses in the past.

I have a new problem. I am the registered brand owner and the SOLE manufacturer and seller of new product (music CDs). I do NOT sell my CDs to wholesalers or resellers, and I ONLY sell my products at retail prices, and only on Amazon.

Recently, another vender posted a listing for a NEW copy of one of my CDs, and priced it at $9.99 when I retail it at $16.98. There seem to be only two logical ways for this to happen:

The first option makes NO sense unless the seller is trying to go bankrupt. The second option is fraud.

Moreover, by posting this low price, I am removed as the featured offer, effectively killing 100% of my sales until such time as someone decides to buy the $9.99 copy from this other vendor. I cannot even advertise my genuine copy effectively because ads get no impressions unless they are for a featured offer.

I have contacted Brand Registry several times about this, and they keep directing me to their "forms," but: a) this is NOT an infringement case (I believe they are selling a genuine copy of my CD), b) there is NO form I can find to report this unique type of bad behavior on the part of this other vendor.

Whether or not this other vendor is fraudulently re-shrinkwrapping used product and claiming it is new OR selling a genuine new product at a huge loss, my sales are STOPPED until I get back my featured offer. Currently, the only way I could do that is if I dropped my price to $9.98, which will mean I am selling at a loss.

I am tempted to purchase the item myself, but I should not have to do this. Moreover, the vendor might simply repeat the process.

Whereas various Seller Central agents I have spoken with have agreed with my perspective and have understood my question, they must forward to Brand Registry--where no one apparently understands this situation, and i receive unhelpful responses. (Indeed, some of the responses from Brand Registry appear to be AI-generated.)

I am hoping that I might get a helpful response from a real human on this forum. I think there should be a way for me to maintain the right to be the ONLY seller of NEW product on Amazon (unless someone wants to buy a NEW CD and then list it for a much higher price--so I keep the featured offer status). THANK YOU!

FYI, the CD I am describing is B01BH0B4L0. It has happened to another of my CDs in the past too.

Jeff Bjorck

16 replies
user profile

by Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

Jeff Bjorck

16 replies
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L
View post

Since the seller appears to have one copy of the CD, it probably isn't worth taking legal action against him and the legal action may turn out with you losing and paying their legal expenses since the suit could be deemed frivolous.

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

View post

Here are some more...

3) The seller got this is a present. The seller doesn't listen to CDs and decided to sell it.

4) Somebody bought your CD and died. Their family donated it to Goodwill who sold it to the seller for a dollar.

5) The seller bought it from you. They wanted to return it but the return period ended and decided to sell it as a way to get back some of their money.

6) You have been selling this item for 8 years on Amazon (and maybe longer elsewhere). It is possible that someone purchased it, never opened it to listen to and then sold it at a garage sale for 50 cents. The seller picked it up and is selling it.

If this is one seller, selling one CD, I would personally let it go. It will sell out and you will have the buy box back ASAP.

If the seller starts selling all of your CDs or winds up with multiple copies of one CD, you may want to contact them and ask what is up OR do a test buy.

user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L
View post

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

View post

Here are some more...

user profile
Seller_0xdtD36hDLHBC

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L
View post

user profile
Seller_Qf7EwbKzuAU6L

View post

Here are some more...